This pose is beneficial in relieving backache, strengthening the spine, stretches the shoulders Extra benefits include the mind calming and alleviation of insomnia. This pose is great for the body and it’s a pose of relaxation and healing……a must to try.
- First, lie on your belly
- Bend your arms and slide your palms back until your lower arms are perpendicular to the floor.
- Inhale and lengthen the sides of your body thereby shrugging your shoulders towards your ears.
- Lift your shoulders up away from the floor and bring your shoulder blades more onto your back.
- Exhale, press your hands down, lengthen up through the sides of your body and draw the head of your arm bones backward.
- Draw your shoulder blades securely onto your back and straighten your arms.
- Engage the muscles above your knees and lift your legs off the floor.
- Press your knuckles into the floor and pull your hands back toward your feet against the resistance of the floor.
- Slide your body and legs forward slightly between your hands.
- Lengthen the sides of your body from your waistline up to your armpits and take the head of your arm bones back even more.
- Keeping your neck long, slide the sides of your throat back and curl your neck to look up.
- Remain in tis pose for ten minutes, then slowly release back down
For the simple pose, do all the instructions but with the thighs on the floor. This pose should not be done when the following is involved;